No campfire needed to make Gluten Free S’mores Brownies. Graham crackers, chocolate, toasted marshmallow–all the tradition of s’mores in brownie form!
I am a true marshmallow lover. Are you? I love all things with marshmallows. And at the very top of my list is s’mores. Give me ALL the s’mores, please!
But let’s not stop at traditional s’mores. I love mashups. Like these brownies. There’s nothing better than a brownie, unless it’s covered in toasted marshmallow and has a graham cracker crust!! These brownies are INCREDIBLE! And they can be made with all store bought ingredients.
The Ingredients in Gluten Free S’mores Brownies
These brownies aren’t difficult at all. Even though there are 3 layers, store bought alternatives can be taken for each layer.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- Gluten free graham crackers–you can make them homemade with my recipe here, or there are several brands on the market currently that are great for making crumbs.
- Granulated sugar
- Melted butter
For the Brownies:
You could take the easy way out and use a gluten free boxed brownie mix, OR you could make homemade brownies in one bowl using these ingredients:
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Canola oil
- Vanilla extract
- Kim’s all purpose gluten free flour blend — a store bought blend may be substituted, but hasn’t been tested.
- Cocoa powder–if you have a Lidl near you, their cocoa powder is dark and rich (and cheap, too!). It’s my favorite cocoa.
- Chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips–the traditional chocolate used in s’mores is milk chocolate. So instead of putting semi-sweet chips throughout the brownies, sprinkle milk chocolate (chips or chopped) on top of the graham cracker crust. They give another layer of flavor in the brownies.
For the Marshmallow:
Store bought mini marshmallows work great and are perfect if you want to make these brownies as easy as possible. Sprinkle them on top of the brownies. Then pop them back in the oven under the broiler to get nice and toasted!
If you don’t have the campfire, you can still have the s’mores. These gluten free s’mores brownies are the perfect treat for summertime!
Gluten Free S’Mores Brownies
- 2 cups (200 g) gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp (70 g) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (226 g) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tbsp canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp (227 g) very lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp (227 g) granulated sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (140 g) Kim's all purpose gluten free flour blend a store bought blend may be substituted, but hasn't been tested
- 1 cup (115 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped or chips
- ½ of a 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
Make the Crust
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a 9 by 13-inch pan with parchment paper with a little overhanging (to lift out the brownies).
- In a small bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar. Press into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool while making the brownies.
Make the Brownies
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, canola oil, and both sugars. Add the vanilla extract and salt and stir to combine. Add the eggs and blend until well incorporated.
- Fold in the unsweetened cocoa and gf flour just until combined.
- Sprinkle milk chocolate chips or chopped chocolate over the crust in the pan. Pour the brownie batter on top of the chocolate and spread to the corners.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until slightly jiggly in the center.
- Sprinkle the top with mini marshmallows and broil until golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.