Try these decadent Milk Chocolate Ganache Strawberries and you'll never want chocolate covered strawberries another way again!
I made these strawberries for my kids' teachers back in the day and put them on sticks in small flower pots for Valentine's Day. Every single one of them (there were 6 teachers at the time) took time out of their busy day to call me, write me, or email me to say that they were the best chocolate strawberries they'd ever had.
I'm gonna be so bold as to say these will be the BEST chocolate-covered strawberries YOU'LL ever have as well. An easy milk chocolate ganache (which is anything but ordinary) and juicy strawberries come together in the most extraordinary dessert on the planet. Make them and you'll see.
The 3 Ingredients Needed for These Strawberries
These aren't your everyday average chocolate covered strawberries. They are dipped in a luscious chocolate ganache. But not just any ganache, MILK chocolate ganache! Talk about seductive and decadent. I guarantee once you taste just ONE of these chocolate covered strawberries, you will never want them another way again!
It's So Easy to Make Ganache Covered Strawberries
Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan.
Pour cream over chopped chocolate and let sit for a few minutes.
Stir ganache with a silicone spatula until smooth. If some small chunks of chocolate remain, microwave at 30-second intervals until completely melted. Ganache is very thick.
Holding strawberries by their stems, dip individually into chocolate ganache, letting excess drip off.
Place dipped strawberries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set.
Chocolate Ganache Strawberries FAQS
No, it won't set completely hard, but it will set enough to where the strawberries can be lifted off of the waxed paper. They need to remain refrigerated when not being served for the ganache to stay intact.
They are best eaten within a few days of dipping, 3-4 tops.
Yes, but you will need to change the ratio of chocolate to cream from 2.5:1 to 2:1. In other words, use double the amount of chocolate as cream.
More Gluten Free Chocolatey Treats
- gluten free chocolate mousse cakes
- ultimate gluten free chocolate cake
- chocolate cloud cake
- gluten free oreo mousse (aka the grey stuff)
- sipping chocolate and truffle flight
- passion fruit milk chocolate ganache squares
- gluten free chocolate crunch bars
Milk Chocolate Ganache Strawberries
- 8 oz (240ml) heavy cream
- 24 oz (680g) finely chopped milk chocolate (milk chocolate chips may be substituted with similar results)
- 2 qts (1.8l) fresh strawberries, washed and dried well
- Place chopped milk chocolate in a medium bowl. Line two baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- Heat cream in small saucepan to boiling. Remove from the heat and pour boiling cream over chocolate. Let sit for 2-3 minutes and then stir slowly until a smooth ganache forms. If there are any unmelted pieces of chocolate, you can microwave the bowl at 20-30 second intervals until completely melted (or use an immersion blender to fully blend the chocolate ganache).
- Holding each strawberry by its stem and leaves, dip into the chocolate ganache and let the excess drip back into the bowl. Place onto wax paper-lined baking sheet a few inches apart. Refrigerate until completely set, at least one hour.