Good morning ya’ll! I hope everyone had a wonderful week.
THE WEEK IN REVIEW:
Another week goes by in July and by this time next week we’ll be into August. August is the last hoorah of the summer and I plan to spend it enjoying the pool at my mom and dad’s as much as possible.
The above is a picture of homemade clotted cream being scooped from the dish it was cooked in. It is soooooooo good and I’ll be posting the “recipe” soon! (One ingredient).
Scott left Tuesday for San Diego for two months. It’s just me and the dogs for a while, so I plan on keeping busy and hanging out with my family a lot to pass the time.
Brandon is coming along in bootcamp with physical therapy. When I heard from his last weekend, he was in phase 2 of PT and was hoping to progress to phase 3 soon. I can’t wait to hear from him tomorrow and see how he’s doing.
My Mom’s Peanut Butter Bars — you seriously won’t be able to stop at just one of these AMAZING peanut butter bars! Childhood friends remember my mom making these all the time and they loved them.
My Grandma’s Gluten Free Pancakes — light and super fluffy, these pancakes made my grandma famous in her day, and I can see why!!
WHAT I’M LOVING THIS WEEK:
- I never knew these three different ways to use a can opener. I can’t wait to open a can again to try one of them!!
- Key Lime Pie Truffles? Yes please!! Only I would make them with white chocolate instead of dark.
- I love the idea of pre cooking the filling in this Easy Peach Pie recipe! I’ve always had a hard time with cooking the peaches perfectly in a pie.
- These Ham and Cheese Sliders would be so good on my Gluten Free Hawaiian Rolls!!
TOP FIVE POSTS THIS WEEK:
- Gluten Free Focaccia Bread
- Gluten Free Artisan Bread
- Gluten Free Flour Blends
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free English Muffins
As always, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend 🙂
2 thoughts on “Sweet Saturdays: 07/26/19”
Kim, the clotted cream looks fabulous!
Thanks, Pam! I’ll be doing a post on that soon. It’s so easy, it’s ridiculous 🙂