Hey all you peanut butter lovers!! These ultimate gluten free peanut butter cookies are just what you’ve been missing all your life. They’re big, they’re soft, and they’re filled with peanut butter fudge chunks! I dare you to stop at just one 😜
If you haven’t heard, I’m going to Disney World tomorrow!! My daughter and I are taking a trip in celebration of her graduation from college last December. I won’t be posting anything while I’m gone, unless you follow me on Instagram or Facebook for pics of our Disney trip, so no Sweet Saturdays post this weekend.
These cookies are inspired by trips to Disney years ago before THE diagnosis (Celiac). We would hit up the old Main Street Bakery on our last day and fill our bags with all kinds of treats to take back home with our leftover snack credits from the dining plan. Most memorable for me were Minnie’s Bakeshop peanut butter cookies. They were the best peanut butter cookie I’ve ever had!
The reason I loved those cookies so much is the peanut butter fudge chunks. Yep, you read that right! There were “chunks” of what I describe as a peanut butter fudge, kind of like when you get ice cream with peanut butter swirls. It’s soft, but not too soft. It holds its shape enough that it doesn’t melt into the cookie. They’re like large peanut butter chips, but BETTER👌
Ingredients For Ultimate Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Gluten Free Flour Blend–these aren’t your typical flourless peanut butter cookies.
- Peanut Butter–duh!
- Butter–fat element, along with the peanut butter
- Granulated Sugar–for sweetness
- Brown Sugar–also for sweetness with molasses undertones
- Egg–as a binder
- Vanilla–for flavor
- Milk–just a little, to help thin out the batter slightly
- Salt–balances the flavors
- Baking Soda–for leavening
- Peanut Butter Fudge Chunks–a mixture of peanut butter, peanut butter chips, and butter, chilled until solid and cut into bite-size pieces
More Recipes for Peanut Butter Lovers
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- The Best Peanut Butter Fudge
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
I guarantee once you bite into these ultimate gluten free peanut butter cookies, you will never want to make any other peanut butter cookie again 😋
Ultimate Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups (280 g) Kim's gluten free flour blend (or other blend with xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113 g) butter, softened
- ¾ cup (187 g) peanut butter (not natural)
- ¾ cup (170 g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE CHUNKS:
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp ( g) peanut butter chips (Reese's brand is gluten free)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp ( g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ tbsp butter
- Make peanut butter fudge chunks. Melt ingredients for peanut butter chunks together in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir. If chips aren't melted, continue to heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until all chips are melted and smooth. Line loaf pan with foil and pour peanut butter mixture into pan. Chill for about 15-30 minutes, or until set. Remove foil from pan and peel foil back from peanut butter fudge. Cut fudge into small chunks, about ½-inch in size, and place back on foil. Freeze while making the cookie dough.
- In medium bowl, whisk or sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in bowl of stand mixer or bowl with hand held mixer for about 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Beat until well combined, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Turn mixer down to low and slowly add flour mixture. Remove peanut butter chunks from freezer and fold into cookie dough.
- Chill dough for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Using large ¼-cup scoop, scoop cookie dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each (6 cookies per sheet). For thicker cookies, leave as is. For thinner cookies that look more like a peanut butter cookie, use fork to make crosshatch marks on top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, and then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Crazy for Crust’s XL Bakery Style Peanut Butter Cookies & Cookie Madness’ Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies
2 thoughts on “Ultimate Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies”
Theses are soooo good people & I don’t even need to eat gluten free!