Happy Sweet Saturdays: 06/01/19. I can’t believe it’s June 1st already! Holy moly this year has flown by so far!! That’s what happens when you get old–time flies.
Before I get into my usual stuff, I want to ask for prayers for my city of Virginia Beach for the horrific mass shooting that happened yesterday. I received a text from my daughter’s boyfriend letting me know what happened and I immediately turned on the news. We don’t know exactly what possessed this person to take the lives of so many innocent people. We hope over the next few days they will shed some light on this senseless act of violence. I pray for the families and loved ones of the victims of this terrible tragedy.
The Week In Review:
- Scott came home from Charleston, South Carolina this week. He was there for a little over a month working and he said it was hotter than Hades there! It seems he actually brought some of that heat home with him.
- My mom and I went to see the new live action Aladdin movie this past week and it was SO good!! Will Smith’s performance as the Genie really impressed us because he had those huge shoes to fill (Robin Williams). He really made the movie!!
- I received another letter from Brandon in boot camp this week!! This will probably the last one I’ll get. He is now down to only 14 days left and he said he’s doing well. This past week they learned firefighting and went through the gas chamber. He said it hurt a lot more than he thought it would. I still just can’t get over that my son is almost in the United States Navy! I’m so proud and yet so sad at the same time.
- This week I found these at my local Food Lion!!
I’m actually really liking our new Food Lion! I never liked the grocery store chain much, but when our Farm Fresh went out of business, Food Lion took it over and they’ve renovated it into a really nice grocery store with a lot of great things. These Mickey bars are so good and taste just like the real thing!! They’re a little smaller, which I actually like because they’re the perfect size.
What I’m Loving This Week
- Amazon is having a deal today for the Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 6 Quart pressure cooker for only $89.99!! I have the Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart, and I couldn’t imagine life without it and I paid WAY more for mine that doesn’t have as many functions as this one. Click here to order this today. You won’t be sorry!
- I must make this Epic Pasta Salad some time this summer! I love a good pasta salad and this one is right up my alley. I’d substitute gluten free pasta of course and no onions, but I’ll be making this soon while Scott is still here!
- Coconut rice? Sign me up!! I will be making this and serving it with my pineapple pork. Yum!!
What I Posted This Week
- My 2019 Disney Trip–read all about what we did while on our mini vacation and, better yet, what we ate. Oh, and how it was TOO HOT!!!
- Gluten Free Mall Style Pretzels–OMG these are addictive, and they’ll take you back to a time when we could eat whatever we wanted when we walked through a mall. I miss those times, but at least we have these wonderful recipes to get us through it, am I right?
Top Five Posts This Week:
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free Hawaiian Rolls
- Gluten Free Focaccia Bread
- Fabulous Gluten Free Italian Bread
- Gluten Free Flour Blends
Hope you enjoy your weekend! Even though it’s not technically the first day of summer yet, I consider Memorial Day weekend to be the unofficial start of summer so we’re already a week in. Get out there and have fun doing whatever you love most 🙂