Happy Saturday, ya’ll! Hope everyone had a fabulous week! This past week was my first week blogging full time with no other full-time job to do!! It was a little weird at first, not knowing what to do, but by the end of the week, I was rolling right along.
The Week in Review:
- My daughter is a teacher and this past week was Teacher Appreciation Week!! This was her first year teaching, so I really wanted to celebrate her new career (plus, teachers are just so darn important)! I made 100 cookies (not wimpy cookies, very large bakery style cookies) and brought them to her school on Wednesday. The flavors I made were gluten free chocolate chunk, gluten free oatmeal raisin, and these AMAZING gluten free peanut butter cookies! They’re as big as your hand!! I’ll be posting the recipe soon 🙂
- My mom, dad, and I all went to our newly opened Wegman’s here in Virginia Beach, and it was unbelievable!! I’ve been to Wegman’s up in Scranton, PA, but this one has to be double the size! I love the gluten free sushi, as well as all the other gluten free products they sell that other grocery stores don’t always have (Schar Italian ladyfingers for instance).
- I’m officially in the under-a-week countdown mode for Disney World!!! YEEHAW!!! T minus 4 days. We’re leaving early Thursday morning. We’ll get there with plenty of time to hang out at Epcot, ride our Fast Pass rides (hello Soarin’) and eat dinner at The Coral Reef. We haven’t eaten there in forever! I’ve heard the gluten free offerings are spectacular, so I’ll keep you posted 🙂
What I Posted This Week:
- Gluten Free Kolaches. These remind me so much of a cheese danish from my BC days (before Celiac). They have an extra dose of sweet cream cheese filling surrounded by a soft pastry kissed with a sugary crumb crunch!!
- Gluten Free Chocolate Babka. Holy moly is this good!! Sweet dough swirled with a chocolate filling is truly a slice of heaven!!
What I’m Loving Right Now:
- I finally saw Avengers: Endgame this past week and it was so good and so sad at the same time. I won’t give away any details, but it sure didn’t feel like we were sitting there for over 3 hours. We were all glued to the screen the whole time!
- This Saturday I’m working on some new breads for the blog (coming soon!) and I’m also making cupcakes for my mom for Mother’s Day! My mom absolutely LOVES my cupcakes!! I’ll be referencing Bluprint for ideas on what flavors to make for my mom. Jennifer Shea, the owner of Trophy Cupcakes, teaches 3 different cupcake classes on Bluprint and they are so inspiring!! Even though they aren’t gluten free, I change her recipes to suit my needs and the frosting and decorating ideas are very gluten friendly. My gluten free churro cupcakes are an idea from one of her classes. You can check out her classes here.
Top Posts This Week:
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free Hawaiian Rolls
- Fabulous Gluten Free Italian Bread
- The Softest Gluten Free Rolls Ever!!!
- Gluten Free Artisan Bread
Happy Sweet Saturday, ya’ll!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a very happy Mother’s Day 🙂 🙂 🙂