Hey there! It’s Saturday again, and I couldn’t be happier! Saturday mornings for me usually begin with a little breakfast and then getting in the kitchen for recipe testing and lots of baking. It’s my happy place 🙂
The Week In Review:
How was your Easter? Mine was great!! We started with brunch at my mom and dad’s with my daughter and her boyfriend. Breakfast/brunch is one of my favorite meals so it was super enjoyable. I then went home and made gluten free chocolate chunk cookie cakes to bring to my daughter’s boyfriend’s parents’ house for dinner. Dinner was fantastic! Jimmy’s mom made a ham, green beans, mashed potatoes, a fruit salad, and the BEST au gratin cauliflower that I got the recipe for and hope to post real soon! I really enjoyed meeting his parents 🙂
The rest of the week has been pretty uneventful. I’ve been patiently awaiting the first phone call from my son in boot camp. Well, I guess the second phone call. The first one was the night he got there when he called and said he made it safe and I would be getting a box of his belongings in the mail (which I got last week). It was the quickest call I ever got (about 20 seconds)!
Things I’m Loving:
- I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ve heard great things about it and must try it. Honest Extreme Length Mascara Plus Lash Primer.
- If you’re looking to polish up on your baking skills, or any other craft you might be interested in, Bluprint (formerly Craftsy) is having a great deal right now, try one month for only $1!!!! Bluprint is where I learned SO much about baking breads, and then I took that knowledge and experimented in the gluten free aspect of it all. They have classes on anything you can think of, baking, cooking, cake decorating, candy making, crocheting, quilting, yoga, gardening–you name it!! Don’t miss out on this deal. Click here to check it out!!
- My favorite grocery store, Wegman’s, is opening TOMORROW in our area!!!! I’m not gonna brave the crowds to go tomorrow, but I’ll definitely hit it up this coming week. If you’ve never been to a Wegman’s, it is a gluten free smorgasbord! They have one of the best gluten free sections of any grocery store I’ve seen yet. And their sushi is all made with no gluten-containing ingredients, including the shrimp tempura! It’s made with mainly rice flour, and they include tamari with all of their sushi. They also have poke bowls that are all gluten free. And the salmon is king salmon, which is like butter! It melts in your mouth!! Hello gluten free sushi 🙂 🙂 🙂
- In preparing for all the walking I’m getting ready to do at Disney World soon (yay!!!!), I bought these Sketchers and they are SO comfortable! They’re light as a feather and stretch around your upper foot, but aren’t at all too tight.
What I Posted This Week:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cakes. These little gems have been a favorite of my kids since they were little, and I’ve managed to make them gluten free to taste JUST like the original. They’re like a cross between a cookie and a cake, and they are SINFUL!!!
- Simple Oven Potatoes. Another family favorite. If you’re looking for another way to eat potatoes, look no further. The butter makes these!
- The Best Gluten Free Key Lime Pie. If you love key lime pie, you MUST make this pie! There’s a little more key lime juice in it than normal for an extra punch of tartness.
Most Popular Posts On The Blog This Week:
- Gluten Free Focaccia Bread
- Gluten Free Hawaiian Rolls
- The Ultimate Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free English Muffins
- Fabulous Gluten Free Italian Bread
A Sneak Peak of What’s To Come:
I have been working on some really HUGE things for the blog, but as I’m a perfectionist I need to make sure they are absolutely PERFECT before posting and I’m so close!! Here’s a little sneak peak of what’s to come very soon. Eeeeeeeek!!!!!
Happy Sweet Saturday 🙂