You will be WOWED when you take a bite of this decadent gluten free white chocolate torte that’s made with only 3 ingredients! And it’s unbelievably easy to make.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
My sister made this years and years ago, back when I could still eat gluten, and I was in love with it. And when she gave me the recipe and I saw it had only 3 ingredients, I couldn’t believe it! Her recipe used semi-sweet chocolate, but it was so elegant and decadent that I thought for sure there would be a long list of ingredients.
I really wanted to make this into a white chocolate torte, though, because yesterday was National White Chocolate Day! And if I were the least bit organized I would have posted it then. But I was traveling in the car and couldn’t get my mobile hotspot to work (technically challenged) so it had to wait until today. I think the person who comes up with these food holidays is just “jonesin” for these foods and needs a reason to eat them, haha!
Knowing that they don’t make gluten free “Famous Chocolate Wafers,” I had to decide what to use instead. And then I saw this recipe for Strawberry Oreo Icebox Cake and thought I’d just substitute the wafers with fake Oreos (fauxreos). But when I first made this with fake Oreo’s (fauxreos), it was way too sweet! So I scraped the filling from the gf cookies and tried again and that was just the magical combination it needed.
Only Three Ingredients in Gluten Free White Chocolate Torte
To make this torte, you will only need these three ingredients:
- A bag of white chocolate chips (or semi-sweet if you want the original chocolate experience)
- Heavy cream
- Gluten free “Oreos”, aka chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Glutino Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Remove the Filling From the Cookies
Before you begin, take apart the cookies and use a butter knife or offset spatula to remove the filling. If you were to leave the filling in the cookies, the torte would be way too sweet and inedible (ask me how I know this!).
Make the Ganache
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place the white chocolate chips and 2/3 cup of heavy cream. Heat at full power for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and let sit for about one minute, then whisk to combine into a smooth ganache. If all the chocolate isn’t completely melted, return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds and whisk again. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Make the Crust for the White Chocolate Gluten Free Torte
Place 40 of the chocolate cookies (scraped of filling–one half of the whole sandwich cookie) in the bowl of a food processor (affiliate link) and pulse until fine crumbs. Measure out the remaining 1 1/3 cups of heavy cream. Remove 2 tablespoons of the cream and pour it into the food processor. Pulse to combine. Press this crust mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan (affiliate link).
Make the White Chocolate Mousse
Whip the remaining heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Gently mix about 1/2 cup of the whipped cream into the white chocolate ganache just to lighten up the ganache a little. Then fold the lightened ganache into the cream carefully, so as not to deflate all the cream.
Layering the Gluten Free White Chocolate Torte
Spoon about one cup of the mousse mixture over the crust and spread it to the edges. Layer cookies in one single layer across the mousse. Repeat another layer of mousse, another layer of cookies, and finish with a layer of mousse. You should have a few cookies leftover, which can be crumbled and sprinkled on top.
Cover the torte with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 12 hours. The cookies require enough time to soften so they’ll be easy to cut through.
Other White Chocolate Desserts
- Gluten Free White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- White Chocolate Halloween Popcorn
- Easy Frozen Berries with Hot White Chocolate
You’ll need to plan ahead a little bit for this torte, but it’ll take less than a half an hour to put together and will be waiting for you when you’re ready to indulge!
Gluten Free White Chocolate Torte
- 12 oz package white chocolate chips
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy cream
- 2 10.5-oz packages gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place white chocolate chips and ⅔ cup (160ml) heavy cream. Heat on high for 1 to 1½ minutes or until chocolate is shiny. Let sit for one minute and then whisk together until smooth. Set aside and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place 40 cookies (20 sandwich cookies that have been taken apart and filling removed) and pulse until crumbs. Measure the remaining 1⅓ cups (220ml) of heavy cream and remove 2 tablespoons to pour into the cookie crumbs. Pulse again to combine. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Whip the remaining heavy cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Gently mix about one cup of the cream into the ganache to lighten it. Add the lightened ganache to the remaining whipped cream and fold in carefully until combined.
- Pour one cup of the mousse over the crust and spread to the edges. Add a layer of cookies. Repeat another layer of mousse, then cookies, and finish with mousse. If you have any cookies leftover, crumble them and sprinkle on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to a few days.