Gluten free pie crust chips and dip? Yes please!! Cinnamon sugar pie crust “leaves” are dipped into pumpkin marshmallow dip that is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Is it possible to have too many desserts on Thanksgiving? I think the answer to that question should always be NO!! Every year my dad always tells my mom and I to go easy on the amount of stuff we make. He thinks just because there aren’t many of us we don’t need but a few things.
Sorry, Dad! Mom and I aren’t listening to you. Because we want a little of everything, not just turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy. We want all the Thanksgiving things! The sweet potatoes. The veggie tray with dip. The rolls. The stuffing. The cranberry sauce. AAAANNNNNDDDD…all the desserts!
If you’re not indulgent in the rest of your life, the one time to definitely be indulgent is on Thanksgiving. So I say eat ALL THE FOOD, enjoy ALL THE FOOD, and have a great time!! We can all go back to normal the next day, if that’s what we want to do. Who’s with me?
HOW TO MAKE PIE CRUST CHIPS
I stumbled across a recipe similar to this years ago and pinned it on Pinterest. I just saw it the other day and knew I had to make it for Thanksgiving this year. I’m making enough pies to feed an army, but I think one more sweet thing won’t hurt a soul. And this seemed totally intriguing!
I used my own gluten free pie crust and I changed the dip entirely, and it seriously knocked my socks off! Not to mention it’s super duper easy so it could really come in handy for all those last minute people out there.
Roll out my gluten free pie crust, which is such a breeze to work with. You can cut little “chips” by using a small round cookie or biscuit cutter, but leaves using these pie crust cutters are just too cute. Sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the dip.
THE BEST PUMPKIN DIP EVER!
Ya’ll, I could seriously dip my shoe in this stuff and it’d still be good!! It’s silky smooth, creamy, and tastes like the inside of a pumpkin pie. I bet this dip would also be good spread on a pancake or waffle, rolled into a crepe, or dolloped on top of a piece of pie!!
In stand mixer or with a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if using) and blend to combine. Stop mixer and scrape down sides before adding marshmallow cream and mixing until smooth and creamy.
For something a little different on your Thanksgiving dessert table, try this gluten free pie crust chips and dip. Then if someone wants to just “nibble” on dessert, they can pick up a pie crust chip and dip it. And then another, and another, and…you get the picture! So hard to stop at just one 🙂
Gluten Free Pie Crust Chips and Dip
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (120 g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 7-ounce container marshmallow cream
- Best Gluten Free Pie Crust for single crust pie (or any other pie crust of your choice)
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- In bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl with a handheld mixer) beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if using) and beat until well combined. Add marshmallow cream and beat well until fully combined.
- Pour into serving dish and chill until pie crust "chips" are ready.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out pie crust according to recipe instructions. Cut out with cookie cutter, pie crust cutters, or round biscuit cutters (or they can even be cut into strips).
- Place pie crust "chips" on baking sheet and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar (½ cup of sugar and 1½ tsp of cinnamon).
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Cool.
- Serve "chips" alongside dip for dessert or as a sweet appetizer.
Inspired by Pampered Chef’s Pie Crust Chips & Cinnamon Dip