These gluten free brownies are the fudgiest, most indulgent brownies. You’ll never know they’re gluten free and one pan can be made three different ways 🙂
Who says you have to make only one kind of brownie at a time? I wanted three different kinds, but didn’t feel like making three separate batches. So I made one big batch, divided it in half, and went from there. So easy and so, so yummy!!
I’ve been making these brownies for a while now as they are just so darn good, but also because the recipe makes a LOT OF BROWNIES!! And who can argue with a lot of brownies?
HOW TO MAKE BROWNIES THREE WAYS
There are actually a few more ideas for how to do these brownies, but those will just have to wait for a future post. For now, let’s talk about these three ways. I always do just a “plain,” which is really anything but plain. Those are usually for Scott, who really likes the original. Then I make one with frosting, and the final one is peanut butter, which is TO DIE FOR!
For the plain brownies, you would obviously do nothing more than make the recipe. Simple, simple, simple!
For the frosted brownies:
- Cut all plain brownies into squares and divide evenly.
- Since it’s Christmastime, I chose to make Christmas trees, so take half the brownies and cut them into triangles. Save scraps for nibbling 😉
- After cutting, fill a pastry bag with buttercream tinted green (recipe included). Pipe zigzags onto triangles to resemble trees.
- Alternatively, spread frosting onto each triangle.
- Add sprinkles because…they’re sprinkles and everything is better with sprinkles!
For the peanut butter swirled brownies:
- Mix the peanut butter mixture separately.
- Pour onto half the unbaked brownies.
- Gently swirl with a butter knife. It doesn’t have to be perfect and it doesn’t matter if it’s not entirely swirled. They’ll taste great anyway!
Whether you choose to make all plain, all peanut butter, or all frosted (or a combination of any), you will love, love, love these gluten free fudgy brownies as much as my family does!
Gluten Free Brownies Three Ways
- 1 pound (453 g) butter
- 1 pound (453 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces (397 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces (180 g) unsweetened chocolate
- 7 large eggs
- 3 tbsp instant coffee granules or instant espresso powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups (450 g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (175 g) gluten free flour blend with xanthan gum (plus an additional 1/4 cup [35 g] for sprinkling on chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL:
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 g) peanut butter
- 1 cup (125 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (113 g) butter, softened
- 2 cups (250 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp milk, until desired consistency is reached
- green food coloring, if desired
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour half sheet pan (12 by 18 inch) and set aside.
- In large bowl, add pound of butter, pound of chocolate chips, and 6 ounces of unsweetened chocolate. Melt either over double boiler or in the microwave on half power. Stir to combine and set aside to cool.
- Mix 14 ounces chocolate chips with 35 g gluten free flour blend in small bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs with sugar, coffee, and vanilla until combined. Add melted chocolate mixture and whisk to combine.
- Sift the rest of the flour, baking powder, and salt and add to chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chip and flour mixture to the rest of the batter and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Add peanut butter mixture to half the brownies and swirl to combine. It doesn't have to be perfect.
- Position large piece of foil underneath oven rack to catch any drips from peanut butter mixture. Bake for 20 minutes. Open oven door and tap pan on oven rack to release brownies from pan. Continue to bake brownies for an additional 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake.
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER SWIRL:
- Mix melted butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt in small bowl until well combined.
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
- In small bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until well combined. Add green food coloring if desired.
- Fill pastry bag and using star tip, pipe zigzag to brownies as desired. Alternatively, spread buttercream on brownies as desired.
- Add festive sprinkles if desired.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links.