A family favorite, this easy cheesy pizza dip is hot and bubbly and tastes like pizza. It’s sure to become a hit with your family as well!
This pizza dip has been in my family for over 30 years! I think my sister got it from a friend and made it at one of our many parties at Smokies (my mom and dad’s old bar). After that, we were all hooked and began making it for any party we had, including my kids’ birthday parties. It’s so easy to make and is always the first thing to go on every party food table!
The Ingredients You’ll Need for Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip
There are only a handful of ingredients in this dip:
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Pizza sauce–it’s important to get pizza sauce and not a jar of marinara. There IS a difference.
- Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses
- Garlic powder
- Crush red pepper
- Ritz crackers–the original recipe used Ritz crackers and they go SO well with this dip. You can make your own gluten free ones here.
Making Pizza Dip
Making this pizza dip couldn’t be easier. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and spices together until smooth. Spread into the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch pan, a 2 quart casserole dish, or a pie pan.
Top with the pizza sauce and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle on the cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes and serve. How easy is that???
My family likes this cheesy pizza dip as is, but if you’re compelled to add more toppings to your pizza dip, the sky is the limit! Here are a few ideas:
- Sausage (Italian or breakfast style sausage–precooked and crumbled)
- Black olives
- Green peppers
Don’t want to make your own Ritz crackers? No worries! Here’s some other options for dipping:
- Lance Gluten Free Baked Original crackers (affiliate link)
- Good Thins Gluten Free Rice and Corn Crackers (affiliate link)
- Milton’s Craft Bakers Gluten Free Crackers (affiliate link)
- My gluten free artisan bread
- My gluten free Italian bread
- Tortilla chips
Need a dip that you can throw together in no time that’s yummy and has few ingredients? Look no further than easy, cheesy pizza dip that’s naturally gluten free!
Easy Cheesy Pizza Dip
- 8 ounce (226 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (227 g) sour cream
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 ounce (396 g) jar pizza sauce (or 14 ounces homemade pizza sauce)
- 1 cup (83 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (83 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl with an electric mixer. Spread in the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch, 9-inch pie pan, or other casserole dish and smooth the top. Spread pizza sauce on top
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm with gluten free crackers, tortilla chips, gluten free crusty artisan, or gluten free Italian bread.