Butter Roasted Pecans are made with three simple ingredients: pecans, butter, and salt. How can something so simple be so addictive? Find out once you make them!
Y'all. These roasted pecans are EVVVVVER-YTHING! They are so incredibly easy to make and boy, do they take the simple pecan and elevate it into a deliciously addictive little gem of a snack! I had these years, and I mean YEARS (like 25-30 years ago) when I worked with an older woman who had a summer home in North Carolina. There were pecan trees in her back yard and she would bring these roasted pecans to every potluck we had.
I was so enamored with them that I asked Mary how to make them. Unfortunately, being an older Southern woman, she didn't have a "recipe" per se, but "a little of this and a little of that" thrown together and baked. So I had to figure it out on my own based on what she told me were the ingredients.
Just Three Ingredients
It's that easy.
How to Make Butter Roasted Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour butter and sprinkle salt over pecans in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Spread pecans onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Roasted Pecans FAQs
Yes, you should be able to, although the roasting time and butter content may be less or more, depending on the fat content of the nut you're using. For instance, macadamia nuts are very fatty so they may need less time, as well as less butter. Walnuts, on the other hand, are similar in fat content to pecans so they can be roasted with the same amount of butter and for the same length of time.
As with any roasted nut, they tend to go rancid much faster than if they are raw. Therefore, store them no longer than one week at room temperature. For longer storage, they can be frozen for 3-4 months.
To make these roasted pecans vegan, substitute the butter with a vegan butter substitute. A great one is butter-flavored coconut oil!
More Savory Snacks
- Crispy Cheese Wafers
- Puff Pastry Cheese Straws
- Ritz Style Crackers
- Blue Cheese Bites
- Soft Pretzel Bites
- Sausage Balls
If you can stop nibbling long enough to share them, these Butter Roasted Pecans are the perfect little salty snack to share!
Butter Roasted Pecans
- 1 lb (453 g) pecan halves
- 6 tbsp (85 g) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss pecans, butter, and salt. Spread out into one layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until fragrant and toasted.
- Allow to cool before serving. Keep in airtight container at room temperature for two weeks or freeze for up to three months.